14 Months

In keeping with my tradition of picking random months to blog, here is a 14th month update!

Penny is a very happy and busy toddler.  She has always been very active. This motivated her to learn to roll over before she was two months old then crawl at five months.  I assumed she would follow this pattern and learn to walk early too, but that was not the case.  She will take a few steps here and there but she is unmotivated to walk, that is, until she sees one of her little buddies walking and then she tries to imitate them.

Penny is a great sleeper! She sleeps about 17-18 hrs a day.  I worry sometimes that she sleeps too much, but since I am pregnant, it has been nice to sleep in most days and takes naps if I need to.

When Penny was a newborn she would use a binky occasionally, but she has always preferred sucking on her fingers.  She went from sucking on her fist, to sucking on multiple to fingers, and then finally settled on her pointer finger.


We really cherish the one-on-one time we have Penny. It's hard to imagine how much our life is going to change in January when a new little baby joins our family. I have a feeling that this next baby is going to turn our world upside down! I can't help but feel a little anxious about giving up the solo time we have with Penny. Until then, I want to soak up every moment I have with her before she has to share my attention with a sibling.

Comments

Popular Posts