Thanksgiving Weekend

It was hard to watch Andrew leave for work yesterday after our wonderful vacation.  Though, it helps to know that Christmas is just three short weeks away!  For Thanksgiving this year, we had a delicious feast at my parents and stayed the night.  Andrew and I went with my sisters to see the new Hunger Games movie that night but the theatre made a mistake and double booked our showing.  We didn't get to see the movie on Thanksgiving, but they gave us tickets to go back the next day as well as free movie passes.   Andrew has already decided to use his ticket to see the Hobbit in a few weeks!

Aside from the movie, Friday was spent relaxing and eating leftovers for every meal.  Penny is at such a fun age!  She loved getting snuck treats by everyone and had fun playing with some of my younger cousins.  Finally, the stairs in my parents house have become less exciting for her so I didn't have to spend the whole time watching and worrying about her falling down them.  It makes me so happy to watch my parents and sisters play with Penny.  They love her so much.  Being the only grandchild sure has its perks!


On Wednesday our heat stopped working.  We were about to leave for my parents so it wasn't a big deal at the time.  Our landlord tried to get someone there to fix it on Friday but it didn't work out so when we got back home our apartment was really chilly!   There is a small space heater in Penny's room so she was comfortable but the rest of the house was freezing.  There is a fireplace in our living room that Andrew wanted to build a fire in but I kept protesting.  I insisted that it would make our whole house smell like a campfire, he assured me it would not, and I finally got cold enough to agree.

We already had some firewood in our backyard.  Our landlord told us that they had the flue removed so Andrew quickly got a fire started.  Immediately our apartment started to fill with smoke and all the fire alarms started to go off.  There was a flue after all. Andrew put out the fire and we opened all the doors and windows to air out all the smoke.  We were left with a very cold, smelly apartment.

The next day Andrew took a closer look inside the fireplace and confirmed that there was a flue and opened it.  We enjoyed a toasty fire all day Saturday and Sunday.  Yesterday our heat was fixed, just in time for all the snow we got today! Now, I just need to figure out how to get the campfire smell out of our house!

*In case my landlord or anyone who knows him ever reads this, I just want you to know that we think you are a great and so quick to fix anything that comes up!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts