Anniversary in Austin

Andrew and I left the girls with Andrew's parents and headed downtown to celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary. We rented kayaks and paddled around the Colorado River before checking into our hotel. Our hotel had a indoor and outdoor pool that was connected. (I didn't have a chance to get a picture but I found this picture on their website)
 I took my time getting dressed up for dinner, which slightly annoyed Andrew. He was hungry and didn't understand why I wanted to spend so much time getting ready.  Boys just don't get it, but he was a good sport about it and got a snack while I showered. When I was finished getting ready he was napping, naps are rare, so really he should be thanking me! I tried to take a good picture of myself, since I so rarely take the time to put on makeup and wear an outfit that doesn't involve yoga pants, but I discovered I am really bad at taking selfies. These are the only two where I aimed the camera in the right direction.. I also tried to get a picture of both of us in the elevator mirror on our way to dinner but both our heads are chopped off.
 Our waiter at dinner told us about a new boardwalk by the river. It was really pretty, and I once again annoyed Andrew by turning the event into a "photo shoot". By "photo shoot" I mean, I wanted to get a couple of nice shots of him and have him take a few of me. To be fair, he once again was a good sport, despite not seeing a point to the pictures.
 The next morning we ate breakfast at a cute little cafe/bakery/florist that I found out about online while planning our getaway. We discovered that Walton's Fancy and Staple was clearly a well known gem, because the place was packed!
The online reviews all recommended the french toast, and it did not disappoint!
We made one last stop before coming home. Costco. Which just goes to show, we must be pretty lame if a trip to Costco without the girls feels like a luxury!

Comments

  1. It is great that you had a chance to get out and be alone! 4 years!! Congratulations you two! Your doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts