From the Mouth of Penny

Andrew and I constantly ask each other, "Did you know Penny says _____ now?" or "Did you teach Penny to say _____? " She talks a lot, although most of the things she says are probably only recognizable Andrew and me. Here are some of the our favorite things she say:

"Oh no Penny!!" - This is usually said after she does something a little naughty that she knows she should do (like make a mess). She will act surprised about the mess or naughty thing she just did, almost like she's passing the blame on someone else. She will probably learn that this works a lot better when you don't use your own name.

"No, No, Eloise! That's MINE!" or "My turn!" - Eloise is pretty mobile now, so she has started getting into Penny's things, and Penny is not happy about it. She can scold Eloise like a pro, pointed finger and all. And "my turn" is pretty much code for, "I want what you have, give it to me now".

"What's your name?" - I have been trying to teach Penny how to respond to this question, but whenever you ask her she just smiles sweetly and nods. Instead, she has taken to asking Andrew and me this question over and over and over again.

"Dubba-lu" ("W") - Penny is learning to recognize letters and likes to try and sing the ABC song. Her favorite letter is "W" and her pronunciation makes it the most adorable thing she says.

"I got chu" (I got you) - I started saying this to Penny to reassure her in the swimming pool that I wasn't going to let go. Now she says this anytime she wants me to hold her. She says it in her sweetest little reassuring voice that is very hard to resist.

"Oh! Baby! Go help her!" - Penny used to go rush in Eloise's room when she would wake up from her nap. She would climb into her crib and give her a binky. Now she just tells me to go.

And the best one of all:

"I love you, Momma" - I love you's are usually reserved for her kitty, but every now and then I get one. And it makes my day!

Comments

  1. What a sweet girl! I love hearing the cute things that go on in your family. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts