Marta

Eloise's birth started a year of change. After doubling the kids in the family, we moved across the country, Andrew started a new job, Penny started preschool, Eloise become a toddler and I struggled to find my new normal.

Before I had Eloise, I thought I was an expert on babies. It turns out, I was only an expert on Penny, and she was an easy baby to figure out! Going from one kid to two was really difficult. In hindsight, I think I tried to force Eloise to be the same kind of baby as her older sister. Not only was that an unfair expectation, but Eloise's strong personality would not allow that to happen.

I made some observations about Eloise in this post when she just two months old that hold just as true now as they did then. I described Eloise in 4 words, particular, determined, strong, and happy. If something is not to her standards, Eloise will let us know. Once things are in order, she is all smiles and giggles. 

Eloise's middle name is Marta. This is a name she shares with my Swiss great grandmother. Although I have no memories of my great grandmother, her memory lives on in her posterity. Through their stories and memories of her, I feel as if I know her. She was a strong-willed woman who became a widow when my grandma was a toddler, shortly after she immigrated to the America. 

I cannot think of a better middle name for Eloise than, Marta. 
I made this cake using this tutorial
Eloise, I wouldn't change a thing about you! You are so very, very, loved!

Comments

  1. She's a year! That's crazy. That's neat how well her middle name fits her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts